Civic Education (SSCE)
Section A: National ethics, discipline, rights and obligation
Section B: Emerging Issues in the society
Section C: Governmental system and processes
NATIONAL ETHICS, DISCIPLINE, RIGHTS AND OBLIGATIONS
1) definition, 2) types, 3) importance of values to the society.
2 Citizenship and Nationalism
1) meaning of citizenship; 2) meaning of citizenship education; 3) goals of citizenship education; 4) duties and obligations of citizens; 5) meaning of nationalism; 6) ways of promoting national consciousness, integrity and unity in the society; 7) the nationalistic roles of individual and groups; 8) identification of local and world civic problems.
3 Human Rights
1) meaning of human rights; 2) categories of human rights; 3) characteristics of human rights; 4) meaning and historical background of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights (UDHR); 5) meaning and identification of the seven core freedoms of UDHR; 6) importance of UDHR; 7) roles of individual, groups and government in UDHR; 8) limitations to the exercise of human rights.
4 Law and Order
1) definition of Law and Order; 2) the features of Law and Order; 3) the importance of Law and Order in the society; 4) meaning of constituted authority; 5) types of constituted authority; 6) importance and roles of constituted authority.
5 Responsible Parenthood
1) meaning of responsible parenthood; 2) roles of responsible parents; 3) importance of responsible parenthood in national development.
6 Traffic Regulations
1) meaning of traffic regulations; 2) traffic regulation and its importance in the society; 3) the roles of the individual and government in maintaining traffic regulations.
7 Inter- Personal Relationships 1) meaning of inter-personal relationships; 2) types of interpersonal relationships; 3) skills that promotes interpersonal relationships; 4) meaning of inter communal relationships; 5) importance of inter communal relationships; 6) meaning of inter-communal conflicts. 7) skills for resolving inter-communal conflicts.
SECTION B: EMERGING ISSUES IN THE SOCIETY
1) meaning and origin of cultism; 2) different cult groups in Nigeria and their symbols; 3) reasons for cultism; 4) consequences of cultism; 5) ways of preventing cultism in the society.
9 Drugs and Drug Abuse
1) meaning of drug abuse; 2) drugs that can be abused; 3) how drugs are abused; 4) symptoms of drug abuse; 5) behaviors of drug addicts; 6) ways of preventing drug abuse; 7) government agencies working to prevent drug abuse/trafficking and their activities; 8) laws against drug abuse.
10 Human Trafficking
1) meaning of human trafficking; 2) causes of human trafficking; 3) effects and consequences of human trafficking; 4) efforts of government and individuals in stopping human trafficking.
1) meaning of HIV/AIDS; 2) causes of HIV/AIDS; 3) symptoms and effects of HIV/AIDS; 4) prevention of HIV/AIDS; 5) stigmatization of people living with HIV/AIDS.
12 Youth Empowerment
1) meaning of youth empowerment; 2) youth empowerment skills; 3) importance and benefits of youth empowerment skills. 4) efforts of government towards youth empowerment.
SECTION C: GOVERNMENTAL SYSTEM AND PROCESSES
13 Structure and Functions of Government
1) meaning of government; 2) structure/tiers of government; 3) functions of government.
14 Democracy, Rule of Law and National Development
1) meaning, types, and features of democracy; 2) importance of democracy; 3) pillars of democracy; 4) problems of democracy; 5) meaning of rule of law; 6) features of rule of law; 7) importance of rule of law; 8) problems of rule of law; 9) meaning of national development; 10) how democracy and Rule of law promote national development- good governance, employment creation and poverty alleviation etc.
15 Political Apathy
1) meaning of political apathy; 2) causes of political apathy; 3) consequences of political apathy; 4) why leaders fail to protect the interests of their followers;
5) how leaders can protect the interests of their followers;
6) ways of discouraging political apathy.
16 Civil Society and Popular Participation
1) meaning of popular participation; 2) types of popular participation; 3) the need for popular participation in the society; 4) traditional and modern modes of popular participation; 5) achieving popular participation in politics; 6) meaning of civil society; 7) functions / need for civil society; 8) qualities / characteristics of civil society; i.e. accountability, fairness, justice, equity etc. 9) problems of civil society; i.e. bribery and corruption, inadequate funding, over bearing influence of foreign donors etc.
17 Public Service in Democracy
1) meaning of public service; 2) functions of public service; 3) problems of public service; 4) reasons for the shortcomings in the public service; 5) ways of improving the public service.
Wishing you SPEED and ACCURACY!
- Lectures 53
- Quizzes 6
- Duration 40 Minutes
- Skill level Beginner
- Language English
- Students 53
- Assessments Yes
SSS 1 FIRST TERM
SSS 1 1ST TERM
SSS 1 SECOND TERM
SSS 1 2ND TERM
- REPRESENTATIVE DEMOCRACY
- The meaning and origin of rule of law
- MAJORITY RULE WITH ADEQUATE SAFEGUARDS OF RIGHTS OF THE MINORITIES
- PILLARS OF DEMOCRACY
- Strong institution e.g. the arms of government, armed forces, civil societies, etc
- The major Pillars of Democracy
- THE SEVEN CORE FREEDOMS OF UDHR
SSS 1 THIRD TERM
SSS 1 3RD TERM
SSS 2 FIRST TERM
SSS 2 1ST TERM
- IMPORTANCE OF CITIZENSHIP EDUCATION
- SKILLS NECESSARY FOR PRESERVATION OF OUR TRADITIONS, CUSTOMS, BELIEFS IN NIGERIA
- Understanding the concept of National consciousness, National Integrity and National Unity
- CAPITALIST DEMOCRACY
- COMPETITION FOR POWER AMONG POLITICAL PARTIES.
- MEANING AND FORMS OF APATHY
- Reasons for political apathy
SSS 2 SECOND TERM
SSS 2 2ND TERM
SSS 2 THIRD TERM
SSS 2 3RD TERM
SSS 3 1ST TERM
CIVIC EDUCATION PAST QUESTIONS